Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Heath Ledger: Dead


As some of you may not know, I have a heart for the Hollywood community. I am still in shock about hearing of Heath Ledger's death. It's just not usually the big actors that are found dead. Sure, it happens, but not very often. It's at times like these that I really want to do something to help. I've been praying for the family and friends, but for some reason, I wish I could do more. It's not very easy when God has put Hollywood and actors in general in your heart and you don't live anywhere near them. I just wish there was more that I could do. I know this may sound silly to some of you, but this is really where my heart is.

2 comments:

Onna said...

hey girl- the pampered chef party is this saturday at 3. it'll probably start late though. it issad about heath leger b t w.
-katie

The Davis Family said...

I'm not as interested in hollywood as you are, but the news release for his death said he was disturbed by the part he filmed for the joker. He was having nightmares and couldn't sleep. The irony is that he took sleeping pills and something else because of it which caused his death. If you think of it that way, he slipped from a spiritual battle in this world into an eternal spiritual world. Who knows where? That even talked about something so real like that before he died, but had no spiritual direction from anyone that he still took the sleeping pills...I don't know.

The news release was etched in my mind and I can't shake it off.

It's not silly to pray for hollywood. They are real people in the midst of a real battle. Look at Britney Spears. She's a picture of "gain the world and lose your soul" if ever I saw it. She's still fighting for some remnant of herself which is why she's in turmoil, but she's close to losing it or finding it. I don't know. And it's all warfare...